Name of the Organization : Housing Connections Resource Centre
Type of Facility : Applying for subsidized housing
Country : Canada
Website : https://www.toronto.ca/community-people/employment-social-support/housing-support/rent-geared-to-income-subsidy/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Application for Subsidized Housing
RGI housing subsidies are most often available in publicly-owned social housing, but are also available in co-operative, non profit and private housing.
Who can apply for Subsidized Housing :
** You must agree, on the consent form at the end of this application, that Housing Connections has your permission to collect the information on your application form.
** You must meet these five conditions to apply.
** If you do not meet them Housing Connections will not accept your application.
How to Apply
** Our regular hours for submitting an Application on-line are 6 AM to 11 PM.
** Do not use the “back” and “forward” buttons in your browser as it may result in the termination of your Internet application session and you will be required to start your application again.
** We have provided a drop down list at the top right of each page to allow you to navigate to a section already completed.
** In order to view/print documentation within the application you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to get help with PDF files/Adobe Acrobat Reader.
These are the main sections in this web application :
Primary Household Contact Information :
1. Enter Family Name
2. Given Name
3. Enter Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy)(Housing Connections will require verification)
4. Select Sex [Male/Female]
5. Indicate your status in Canada (Housing Connections will require verification)
6. Are you homeless or living in a temporary shelter? [Yes / No ]
7. Click on Continue button.
** Contact Information
** Other Household Information
** Income and Assets
** Arrears(if applicable)
** Accommodation Types
** Support Services Required (if applicable)
** Consent for collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information
** Complete all sections of the application. You will be able to return to any section if you want to make changes before you submit the application.
** When complete, submit your application. Housing Connections will provide you with a reference number to be used for all future communication with our office.
** You must forward all related documentation to Housing Connections.
Basic eligibility for rent-geared-to-income housing has the following requirements :
1. At least one member of the household is 16 years old or older and is able to live independently;
2. Each member of the household meets at least one of the following criteria :
** The member is a Canadian citizen,
** The member has made an application for status as a permanent resident under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada), or
** The member has made a claim for refugee protection under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada);
3. No removal order has become enforceable under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) against any member of the household;
4. No member of the household may owe money to another social housing provider in Ontario;
5. No household member or former household member may have convictions for rent-geared-to-income fraud or misrepresentation.
** One acceptable personal identification document must be attached to your application form for each member of the household as proof of status in Canada.
RGI Application Forms
** You are required to include documentation identifying yourself and certain household members.
** Please review our list of Acceptable Personal Identification Documents
Enter the Following details to fill the application form
2. Application number
3. Applicant’s name (PLEASE PRINT)
4. Applicant’s Signature
5. Spouse or Co-applicant’s (PLEASE PRINT)
6. Spouse or Co-applicant’s Signature
7. Household member over 16 years old or designate (PLEASE PRINT)
8. Household member over 16 years old or designate (Signature)
Request For P.I.N.
With a personal identification number (P.I.N.) you can update your application:
** Online – update your address and telephone information, contact information, income and assets and housing choices; and/or
** Using the Automated Telephone System – make changes to your contact information and housing choices.
Enter the following details
1. Applicant Name
2. Applicant Number
4. Phone Number
5. Click on send request button
** To receive your confidential personal identification number (P.I.N.), for access to your application, please complete and submit the information below.
** Your P.I.N. will be mailed to the address on your application in about two weeks.
** Please do not share your P.I.N. with anyone, because it provides access to your application information.
** Housing Connections will not be responsible for changes made to your application as a result of sharing your P.I.N. with other people.